10 Things You Should Know Before You Begin
If you are like many other programmers out there, you want each and ever aspect of your coding to be as top-notch as possible in order to help you directly competing with the leading companies. There are 10 great steps that you can take before starting your day and even throughout the work week which will ensure that you are able to be the best programmer that you can possibly be and get your work done quickly without compromising quality.
1. Always make sure to get a good night’s sleep before spending a long day coding. This is important. Too often, programmers burn the midnight oil without worrying about the consequences. This keeps the body fatigued and makes for a horrible day on the job.
2. Eat Right. The first thing you should do in the morning is grab a healthy breakfast that is high in fiber. This helps to fuel the body throughout the day and will keep you on the job without having to take too may rest periods throughout the day.
3. Start your work day as early as possible to make sure that you are feeling fresh and able to face the many challenges that a great programmer faces throughout the day.
4. Always stay updated on the latest changes involving the programming language that you are using. If you fall behind, you will be much less of an asset to your employer.
5. Be sure that you are using the latest technology. This is important because it has a direct effect on the rendering speeds of your code.
6. Make sure that any and all programs used are completely updated and using the latest versions.
7. It is imperative that you keep your virus program completely updated and ready to ward off any virtual attackers who might want to steal or corrupt your code.
8. Make sure to give your eyes rest periods throughout the day to ensure that you remain fresh and vital.
9. Make sure to run any changes by your employer before you initiate them.
10. Don’t work too many hours throughout the week. You will find yourself getting lazy and your code will suffer.